Our vision is to build a team that is united in the pursuit to lead our industry and provide our customers with the best service possible; where trust is created through a commitment to responsibility and valued on par with making the work environment a fun place to be; and where everyone contributes to the growth of the company, is recognized for their efforts, and is supported in both personal and professional development.
1. Meeting the Minimum Requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have Work Permit with no study restrictions;
- Hold a Canadian High School diploma or foreign assessment equivalent; and
- Be proficient in English.
Why Join Core?
2. Complete the Licensing Education Program
You have a maximum of 18 months to complete the education requirements from the date you enroll in the first course, Fundamentals of Real Estate. Furthermore, you have only 1 year from the time of completing the Real Estate Associates Program (REAP) to become licensed.
Step 1: Complete the “Fundamentals of Real Estate” course.
This course can be accessed through your myRECA.ca account, and the cost is $1400
Step 2: Choose an area of real estate practice to determine the course(s) you need to complete.
You must complete at least one of the following courses before becoming licensed. All courses can be accessed through your myRECA.ca account and cost $850.
- Practice of Residential Real Estate (required for authorization in residential real estate)
- Practice of Commercial Real Estate
- Practice of Rural Real Estate
- Practice of Property Management
3. Provide a Certified Criminal Record Check (CCRC)
A Certified Criminal Record Check (CCRC) is a certified fingerprint-based criminal record search for non-criminal purposes conducted by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) in Ottawa, in which digital fingerprints are compared against the central repository of Canadian criminal records. You are required by RECA to submit a CCRC if you are:
- applying for a licence for the first-time in Alberta; or
- an industry professional who has not been authorized with RECA in the past 12 months
Important notes about the CCRC:
- CCRCs are only valid for 6 months
- Your CCRC must be sent directly to RECA from the RCMP
- Your CCRC must contain your full legal name and date of birth
4. Joining the Brokerage
Under the Real Estate Act, you are required to be licensed under a brokerage. Contact our office at (780) 651-1577 or email our Broker, Nikita, at nikita@CoreEdmonton.ca to get started on becoming a REALTOR®!
5. Licensing and Registration Application
Provide us with your myRECA username. Once your education is complete and RECA has received your CCRC, our broker can initiate your licensing and education application.